BMC A Series - Austin A35,A40,Healey Sprite,Morris Minor - Short Engine
This short engine is built to the specifications below.
- Selected Engine Block, Crank Shaft, Con Rods.
- Chemically cleaned, Thoroughly checked, inspected.
- Machined to include, Boring, New Cam bearings, Skimmed fire face.
- New Core Plugs (Water and Oil)
- New King Main Bearing Shells.
- New Thrust Washers, Shimmed correctly.
- New King Big End Bearing Shells.
- New OEM Specification Pistons with Rings.
- Oil Strainer Fitted
- New Duplex Timing Chain Kit Fitted.
- Reprofiled STD Camshaft.
- Timed Correctly.
- Distributor Drive Fitted.
- Colour Coded Sump.
- All new hardware, New Gaskets.
Do I only require a Short Engine?
The short engine is often purchased as a replacement unit in situations where the cylinder head is serviceable. It is a good idea before installing this newly built unit to question what made the original fail. A couple of common causes of bottom end failings are;
- Incorrectly set carburettor, Bore wash is a very common cause of bottom end failure. This can be caused by a carb in need or an overhaul or by the mixture being set incorrectly. The bores glaze which causes poor pressure readings but also allows fuel to then breach the rings and dilute the oil.
- Incorrectly set tiimng. Another common cause, can have catastrophic results.
This item is strictly collection only.
If you would like to have a courier collect your engine this may be possible but we no longer package or transport the engines.
MCCS are a small independant machine / fabrication shop, skilled craftsmen with over 70 years of knowledge. For years now MCCS have been building engines for all diciplines, from standard road replacements through to Circuit racing, Grass Tracking, Rally, Hill Climb and Off-Road expedition.
This is your opportunity to upgrade your 1098 inline engine. With our in-house machine shop we are able to keep popular items on the shelf to meet demand.
We complete a dry build with the components and then package them ready for the next customer order. Once you have selected your colour we will build with only a £200 deposit. 7 Days later your build will be completed and ready for you to collect.