Classic Mini 998cc Road Sports Engine - Balanced, 276 Cam,Stage 3 Head
This is an upgraded 998cc Classic Mini Engine, built to Road Sports specification.
Road Sports - Building on the strong foundations of the Sport and Grand Tourer packages. Fully balanced bottom end including new Clutch and Flywheel. Built with ARP Con Rod bolts and Cylinder Head Studs. Fully dialed in timing with Vernier duplex system. Stage 3 (Road Sports) specification Cylinder head CC checked to give optimum Road Sports CR. 1.35:1 Full Roller Rockers and 276 Camshaft.
If you choose the complete package with Gearbox, This comes fully assembled with Dropgears, Primary Gear, Clutch, Flywheel and all covers. It is a drop in unit that only needs your ancillary items.
998 Road Sport Engine is built to the specifications below.
It is built to the specifications below.
- Selected 998 Engine Block, Crank Shaft, Con Rods.
- Chemically cleaned, Thoroughly checked, inspected.
- Machined to include, Boring +060, New Cam bearings, Skimmed fire face.
- Machined Centre Main - Centre Strap.
- New Core Plugs (Water and Oil)
- Balanced and Machined crank - Balanced to Rods, Clutch and Flywheel
- New TRI-METAL King Main Bearing Shells.
- New Thrust Washers, Shimmed correctly.
- New TRI-METAL King Big End Bearing Shells.
- New Performance High Compression Pistons with Rings.
- New Vernier Duplex Timing Chain Kit Fitted and Shimmed with Crank correctly.
- 276 (Kent) Profile Camshaft installed.
- Timed Correctly.
- New Large Impeller Water Pump
- New Oil Filter Housing,
- Braided Oil Feed Pipe.
- Distributor Drive Fitted.
- New iSKY Cam Followers
- New Push Rods
- Stage 3 (Road Sports) specification Large Valve 1100cc Cylinder Head.
- Built using ARP Con Rod Bolts and Cylinder Heads Studs.
- New 1.35:1 Full Roller Rocker Rockers, correctly aligned for optimum geometry.
- New Rocker Shaft, Springs, Shims.
- Rocker Cover
- Rocker Cover Fixings
- Oil Pressure Sensor Fitted.
- Oil Pressure Relief Valve Fitted.
- Timing Cover and Tappet Covers Fitted.
- All new hardware, New Gaskets.
- New Clutch, Flywheel and Ring gear
Retro Sport (DSN) Billet Upgrade for:
- Pressure Relief Valve Nut
- Rocker Cover Bolts
- Fuel Pump Blank (where block requires)
- Oil Filter Housing
Reconditioned helical transmission with all new ball bearings.
- Performance layshaft
- Centre oil pick up pipe,
- 3.1 Cross Pin Diff fitted.
- Any faulty gears replaced.
This item is strictly collection only.
At the moment we do not ship engines. If you would like to have a courier collect your engine this may be possible but you will have to discuss this with us at the time of ordering. We sometimes deliver the engines ourselves if we can plan a route to collect more donor engines.
Surcharge and Payment
This engine is sold on the basis of having an exchange unit returned to us or working on your own unit. If you do not have a unit to supply us with this is not a problem however there is a £200 (for small bore engines) surcharge that will be applied with your final payment.
If you have found the engine that you wish to purchase from MCCS, you can place your order online or we can create your order for you.
To secure your build slot, We only ask for £100 upfront. Once we have completed your machining we then take 50% of the remaining balance (we do not store payment details so we make contact with you at this point) We then complete the build and only when complete and ready for you to collect do we require the remaining balance.
If you order online you have two payment options, Debit / credit card or Bank Transfer. If you choose card then the system will charge the full balance of the order so we ask that you pay via bank transfer and send £100 to begin with.