MG Midget/Healey Sprite Road Sports 1330 - Balanced,285 Cam,Stage 3 Head
This is an upgraded 1275 MG Midget / Healey Sprite Engine, built to Road Sports specification. Road Sports - Building on the strong foundations of the Sports package. Fully balanced bottom end including new Clutch and Flywheel. Fully dialed in timing with Vernier duplex system. Stage 3 (Road Sports Specification) Cylinder head CC checked for optimum CR. BP285 Piper Camshaft.
It is built to the specifications below.
- Selected 1275 Engine Block - 11 Stud Conversion, Crank Shaft, Con Rods.
- Chemically cleaned, Thoroughly checked, inspected.
- Machined to include, Boring +060, New Cam bearings, Skimmed fire face, 11 Stud Conversion.
- Machined Centre Main - Centre Strap.
- New Core Plugs (Water and Oil)
- Balanced and Machined crank - Balanced to Rods, Clutch and Flywheel
- New TRI-METAL King Main Bearing Shells.
- New Thrust Washers, Shimmed correctly.
- New TRI-METAL King Big End Bearing Shells.
- New Performance High Compression Pistons with Rings.
- New Vernier Duplex Timing Chain Kit Fitted and Shimmed with Crank correctly.
- 285 (Piper) Profile Camshaft installed.
- Timed Correctly.
- New Large Impeller Water Pump
- New Billet Oil Filter Housing,
- Braided Oil Feed Pipe.
- Distributor Drive Fitted.
- New iSKY Cam Followers
- New Push Rods
- Stage 3 (Road Sport Specification) Large Valve 12G940 Cylinder Head - 11 Stud
- New 1.5 Ratio Full Roller Rocker Assembly. Aligned Correctly and Shimmed for correct geometry.
- Breather Rocker Cover w/fixings
- Oil Pressure Sensor Fitted.
- Oil Pressure Relief Valve Fitted.
- Timing Cover and Tappet Covers Fitted.
- All new hardware, New Gaskets.
- New Clutch, Flywheel and Ring gear.
Retro Sport (DSN) Billet Upgrade for:
- Pressure Relief Valve Nut
- Rocker Cover Bolts
- Fuel Pump Blank (where block requires)
- Oil Filter Housing
This item is strictly collection only.
At the moment we do not ship engines. If you would like to have a courier collect your engine this may be possible but you will have to discuss this with us at the time of ordering. We sometimes deliver the engines ourselves if we can plan a route to collect more donor engines.
Surcharge and Payment
This engine is sold on the basis of having an exchange unit returned to us or working on your own unit. If you do not have a unit to supply us with this is not a problem however there is a £500 (for large bore engines) surcharge that will be applied with your final payment.
If you have found the engine that you wish to purchase from MCCS, you can place your order online or we can create your order for you.
To secure your build slot, We only ask for £100 upfront. Once we have completed your machining we then take 50% of the remaining balance (we do not store payment details so we make contact with you at this point) We then complete the build and only when complete and ready for you to collect do we require the remaining balance.
If you order online you have two payment options, Debit / credit card or Bank Transfer. If you choose card then the system will charge the full balance of the order so we ask that you pay via bank transfer and send £100 to begin with.