MGB/MGBGT 1867cc B Series Road Sports Engine; Balanced, HR270 Cam,Stage 3 Head
This is an upgraded 1800 B Series Engine. Bored to 1867cc for MGB / MGBGT, built to Road Sports specification.
Road Sports - Building on the strong foundations of the Sports package. Fully balanced bottom end including new Clutch and Flywheel. Fully dialed in timing with Vernier duplex system. Stage 3 Cylinder head CC checked to give optimum Road Sports performance. This package will give you 100 BHP at the wheels.
By default all of our engines are painted in MCCS Grey.
It is built to the specifications below.
- Selected 1800 5 Bearing Engine Block, Crank Shaft, Con Rods.
- Chemically cleaned, Thoroughly checked, inspected.
- Machined to include, Boring +060, New Cam bearings, Skimmed fire face.
- New Core Plugs (Water and Oil)
- Balanced and Machined crank - Balanced to Rods, Clutch and Flywheel
- New TRI-METAL King Main Bearing Shells.
- New Thrust Washers, Shimmed correctly.
- New TRI-METAL King Big End Bearing Shells.
- New Performance High Compression Pistons with Rings.
- New Vernier Duplex Timing Chain Kit Fitted and Shimmed with Crank correctly.
- HR270 (Piper) Profile Camshaft installed.
- Timed Correctly.
- New Large Impeller Water Pump
- New Oil Filter Housing,
- Braided Oil Feed Pipe.
- Distributor Drive Fitted.
- New Cam Followers
- New Push Rods
- Stage 3 Large Valve 1800cc Cylinder Head.
- New Forged Rockers
- New Rocker Shaft, Springs, Shims.
- Chrome Rocker Cover
- Rocker Cover Fixings
- Oil Pressure Sensor Fitted.
- Oil Pressure Relief Valve Fitted.
- Timing Cover and Tappet Covers Fitted.
- All new hardware, New Gaskets.
- New Clutch, Flywheel and Ring gear
- Supplied with Electronic Distributor (to suit spec)
Surcharge and Payment
This engine is sold on the basis of having an exchange unit returned to us or working on your own unit. If you do not have a unit to supply us with this is not a problem however there is a £400 (for 1800 B Series engines) surcharge that will be applied with your final payment.
If you have found the engine that you wish to purchase from MCCS, you can place your order online or we can create your order for you.
To secure your build slot, We only ask for £100 upfront. Once we have completed your machining we then take 50% of the remaining balance (we do not store payment details so we make contact with you at this point) We then complete the build and only when complete and ready for you to collect do we require the remaining balance.
If you order online you have two payment options, Debit / credit card or Bank Transfer. If you choose card then the system will charge the full balance of the order so we ask that you pay via bank transfer and send £100 to begin with.