Mk1 / Mk2 Austin Healey Sprite 948/998 Sports Engine - Balanced,Big Valve Head
This is an upgraded 948cc Mk1,Mk2 Austin Healey Sprite Engine, built to our Sports specification. A great torquey motor, Bored to use 998 Flat Top Classic Mini Pistons and utilising the Kent 266 camshaft for great lowdown power and instant throttle response through the rev range.
Sports - Our sports range offers a fully balanced bottom end with our preferred camshaft for active sports performance in the chosen engine cc. Duplex timing, all new internals. Fully reconditioned cylinder head, CC checked to compliment the package, with Double Valve Springs, Shimmed to correct fitted length. and 1.3 ratio forged rockers
It is built to the specifications below.
- Selected 948 Engine Block, Crank Shaft, Con Rods.
- Chemically cleaned, Thoroughly checked, inspected.
- Machined to include, Boring to 998cc, New Cam bearings, Skimmed fire face.
- Centre Main Strap
- New Core Plugs (Water and Oil)
- Balanced and Machined crank. - Balanced with Rods
- New BI-METAL King Main Bearing Shells.
- New Thrust Washers, Shimmed correctly.
- New BI-METAL King Big End Bearing Shells.
- New Performance Flat top 998 Pistons with Rings.
- New Duplex Timing Chain Kit Fitted and Shimmed with Crank correctly.
- 266 (Kent) Profile Camshaft installed.
- Timed Correctly.
- New Water Pump
- New Oil Filter Housing,
- Braided Oil Feed Pipe.
- Distributor Drive Fitted.
- New iSKY Cam Followers
- New Push Rods
- Reconditioned Large Valve 1100cc Cylinder Head. CC checked to compliment the package, with Double Valve Springs, Shimmed to correct fitted length.
- New 1.3 Ratio Forged Rockers
- New Rocker Shaft, Springs, Shims.
- Rocker Cover
- Rocker Cover Fixings
- Oil Pressure Sensor Fitted.
- Oil Pressure Relief Valve Fitted.
- Timing Cover and Tappet Covers Fitted.
- All new hardware, New Gaskets.
This item is strictly collection only.
If you would like to have a courier collect your engine this may be possible but we no longer package or transport the engines.
Surcharge and Payment
This engine is sold on the basis of having an exchange unit returned to us or working on your own unit. If you do not have a unit to supply us with this is not a problem however there is a £200 (for small bore engines) surcharge that will be applied with your final payment.
If you have found the engine that you wish to purchase from MCCS, you can place your order online or we can create your order for you.
To secure your build slot, We only ask for £100 upfront. Once we have completed your machining we then take 50% of the remaining balance (we do not store payment details so we make contact with you at this point) We then complete the build and only when complete and ready for you to collect do we require the remaining balance.
If you order online you have two payment options, Debit / credit card or Bank Transfer. If you choose card then the system will charge the full balance of the order so we ask that you pay via bank transfer and send £100 to begin with.